Friday, August 12, 2011

You Rock!!!

Today I am here to share this card, I made for my husband for his B'day. Its on 24th...I know I know...I still have plenty of time but my August is packed like crazy....lots of commitments. As soon as I saw the colors at The Play Date Cafe and Terri's wonderful sketch at Skipping stone (love their stamps- thou don't own any yet:) I had this picture in my mind and Oh am super glad cos the effect is exactly like I wanted. Talking about masculine card..well that's the theme at A Passion for Papertrey.

 For my card I started with white card base. I gave a washed watercolor effect with distress inks (faded jeans, scattered straw, pumice stone), its a lovely effect. I then stamped the PTI stamp using these 3 colors together.


Distressed the edges and adhered this to the smokey shadow card base. To finish some hand stitching and a star eyelet.
PaperPlay challenges: create your own DP
I wish you could see it in real. Thanks for stopping by.


16 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous - I really like the watercolour effect and the stamped images - has a grungy feel - perfect for a guy! I had a similar idea - Here's mine!

Anonymous said...

I love this. It's totally out of my creative file range, I need to try the cool graphic look that you have captured here !

Margaret C

Pam Hornschu said...

Very cool and subtle inked background. Just that little bit of stitching is so effective.

~amy~ said...

Your card sooooo rocks!!!!

Julie M said...

Great card, Isha - I love that colour combination, great for a guy card. And the stamped circles are fab - really rockin' card!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Stephanie said...

Isha........This card is just beautiful! Beautiful in a masculine way.....lol Love your watercolor affect with the distress inks!!

Karen B. said...

Amazing, you are amazing, this card is amazing! Love the way you've used the colors!

Tracey said...

FABULOUS!!! So cool...love this background effect and your top stamping!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Lisa Elton said...

Great grunge/retro card...has a nice watercolor look. Super job Isha :)

Michele Gross said...

Super cool! Love the fun patterns you created-so perfect for these colors. So glad you played at The Play Date Cafe!

Jingle said...

This is really fun! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones!

Aimes said...

Love this retro feel of a card! Great for the cool guys in your life!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that watercolor effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, I love the effect you got on your DP! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Whoa this card is AWESOME!

Emily Leiphart said...

You've been busy and I've missed a lot! This is amazing, Isha, a wonderful masculine card.