Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rainbow of Joy

Hello friends!!! Today I am feeling a bit better after that nasty Flu. So I could make a card for the lovely and my favorite challenges of the blog World.
I love Rainbows...they make me happy and that is a great idea Lucy is back with. I love embossing and I love white on white/white ep. on cream...looks so Elegant. That is what CAS-usal Friday challenge asks for"Embossing". I was thinking of trying sticky back Canvas and now that I have used it...love it, thanks to the challenge at Lily Pad Blog...use of fabric/felt.

For my card, I stamped these tiny Penny Black flowers on Canvas. Adhered Twine in spiral form for the center. For the flowers, I just put some glossy accent and sprinkled a little bit of glitter. Lovely effect. I then stitched 2 edges and distressed a bit. Pls. click on the photo for a crisp view.

I then adhered it to the cream paper which has been embossed with white embossing powder. To finish stamped the sentiment in brown and red, adhered 3 colors of bling, rounded a corner and adhered the whole piece to a Yellow card Base. I hope the close-ups shows the glitter, textures and embossing better.
Since I used Penny Black stamps, I am submitting it for the challenge at Penny Black All Sorts Blog.

Thanks for dropping by.

25 comments:

Nancy K said...

Beautiful! I love the embossed background and your clever rainbow design!

Lucy Abrams said...

Oh I LOVE those rainbow twine spirals!!! Wow. This is fantastic. Thanks for playing along.

Michele Gross said...

I just love this!! So fun and loooove all the texture from the embossing and the twine!! Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Cindy said...

Cutie! I too love rainbows and I totally love what you did with the twine! Very nice! Cindy ScrappyV

Anonymous said...

Hello Isha,

nice to see you on my new blog. :)

This card is wonderful, a bright and fun one.

Hugs, Tina

Annette Allen said...

Your card is amazing...Actually I love your blog. Your ideas are so awesome. Thanks for stopping by and entering my blog candy. Good Luck
Happy Crafting.. :)

Karen B. said...

This is really beautiful, your embossing is so fine and detailed! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lin said...

Very clever, and I love your twine centers to the flowers - they make a beautiful little rainbow for Lucy! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

Tenia Nelson said...

so so cool!!

yyam said...

Wow! Love the embossed background! And the rainbow of twine! :)

Tee said...

Love the rainbow..but love the embossed background more!!

Jay Gee said...

The twine centres of your flowers is a great idea and the embossed background is wonderful. Lovely card Isha :)

Hilde Loch said...

Wouwww!!! This is really beautyful Isha!!!! Such a fine Work!!!!!!Great Job!!!!
Big Hugs
Hilde

Dawn T said...

very pretty Isha. Glad you are feeling better.

Dana said...

WHOA! This is so unique and clever! I love those twine flowers and the embossing. So pretty. Thank you for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Such a sweet card, I love the twine!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Emily Leiphart said...

Isha, I love your embossed background and the sweet twine centres!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love rainbows so this card really speaks to me! Soooo cute!

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Penny black @ Allsorts challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful card, Isha! Your twines with rainbow colors are so lovely in this card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card,thanks for joining us at Penny Black @ Allsorts this month.
Louise xx

Laurel Beard said...

EEK! Love your twine centered flowers! Very clever!

Ellibelle said...

Fabulous card! Love the way you used that penny black flower!

alexandra s.m. said...

This is MARVELOUS!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Ugh, flu. Glad that you're feeling better!
I love how you've used the twine, and the gorgeous embossing, and the sentiment :)