Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Block Coloring

A Blog Named HERO!
Yes, that's a new blog created by some sweet and talented ladies for lots of lovely ladies, sharing their love and passion for Hero Arts stamps. I made this for their first challenge. My favorite at the moment is this Lotus stamp set from HA and of coarse my all time favorite distress inks. I used the inspiration from the inspirational photo at JGS nook challenge blog. I see block of color in it. I am also entering it for the first challenge at Oozak blog.



My card:






I used the color block technique. Used distress inks on Acrylic block, spritz it with pearl water. I changed the quantity of water for different texture. I embossed the flower using white ep. on dark blue CS and colored over it with Copics.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Cool card Isha! Your background looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Chari Moss said...

great use of the color blocking technique! I love what you have done here with the bright flower on top. :)

yyam said...

Amazing textures with that colour blocking technique and distress inks Isha! That background is awesome!Perfect for that beautifully coloured and embossed bloom! Nicely done! :)

Piali said...

Beautiful card, Isha!!! love it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Isha this is "off the charts" gorgeous!

Wee Von said...

Beautiful card. Love the colorblocking.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Isha! The bold colours look amazing.

A Blog Named Hero said...

awesome colour blocking! I like your take on that inspiration photo :)

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Good lucK!
Linda

A Blog Named Hero

Tee said...

an absolute winner in my eyes!! stunning color choices!!

Dawn T said...

awesome work Isha.

Agata said...

Excellent card! This bg looks awesome!

anaRy said...

Fantastic!!
Thank you soo much for sharing your project with us at Oozak's blog!
x
anaRy