Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Miss you

In my last post I was telling you all about missing hubby, so while I could not sleep, I made a miss you card for him. I will just let it be on his desk, it sure is going to give him a big smile. Love the wonders of handmade cards.
I used the Paper smooches sparks challenge inspiration photo and used the clean, simple yet effective style. I also like the softness (feathers in my card) with a pop of color . Talking about colors, which are opposites on the color wheel, which is the challenge at CAS-ual Friday blog. Go and play, there is still time to create and participate at both the blogs.

 I like how a small stamp can create a card with a beautiful effect. To make most of my stamp sets, I started to look at them in a different way. I used a tiny feather stamp from Paper smooches My Peeps stamp set and stamped it repeatedly using generation stamping technique. For the background I just misted it lightly with self made mist.It has some shimmer but its not visible in the photo:(





Thanks for dropping by.

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a great card Isha. Very thoughtful

Jay Gee said...

Love the misted background Isha and the generation stamping. I am sure this will bring a big smile to hubby's face. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

So peaceful Isha! Wonderful use of a small stamp to create a big impression!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, gorgeous stamping, Isha! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Agata said...

This is so lovely!!! The colors go perfectly together and the design is great! Love it!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Isha! I love the misted background and the look of the falling feathers. Wow!

Lori Barnett said...

I love how you stamped! Such a great color combo as well. Thanks for joining us on the SPARKS Challenge Blog

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Melanie-Jane said...

What a sweet card. I love the baby-blue color and the feahters look great. I'm sure your hubby enjoyed the card.

Thanks also for your comments :0)

Have a great day.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Whoa!! I am in awe of how you used that feather image!! I have that stamp set and I never even noticed that it had a feather in it. I ADORE how you used it here - so pretty and and dimensional!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad that you did!!