Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy for this Moment

Today is an official holiday here and the kids have no school tomorrow too.
So, when everyone was doing their own thing today, as it was raining non-stop. I also had some fun playing with Tim Holtz distress markers and water. I did some fun water-coloring...lol.

I love the theme over at Penny Black blog "For Family" and at Moxie Fab World "Wonder of Watercolor". So, I created something other than card. I created something for a wall frame and will put it on my daughter's room :), cos she wants it...lol

I stamped the Penny Black "Nature's Day" Stamp and colored it using distress markers and watercolors. I then doodled a bit in the background and watercolored the edges, Finally finished it with some fun splatters. Love love the happy feel. I did not have a perfect sentiment, so just wrote it by hand. Here is my creation before and after I framed.







Also submitting for the challenge at:
Simon says Stamps Blog: Things with Wings

Happy Crafting!!!

14 comments:

Lin said...

Really lovely, Isha! You've made a real keepsake - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Barb said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, Isha! I love the wonderful background and your fantastic watercoloring! Awesome idea to frame it - looks so pretty!

Jeanette M. said...

It's so beautiful, Isha!

Nat said...

gorgeous!!

Nat said...

gorgeous!!

Lindsey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Isha! I'm so glad it's framed, so it will last.

Dawn T said...

what a great project Isha. It really is a piece of artwork

Piali said...

Wow! It's BEAUTIFUL!
Your work is amazing!

Sanketi said...

Gorgeous Isha!

Shelly said...

Oh my! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Love it! :)

Sandy said...

Beautifully done and love your sentiment - perfect!!
sandy

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty, Isha! Your girls will cherish this forever. I really love the colours and the distressing on the frame, too.

Glenda J said...

Gorgeous!

Jill said...

So pretty! Congrats on winning the Penny Black For Family challenge!